Looking for the Best Addiction Medicine Review?
Need support with your Practice Pathway to Addiction Medicine subspecialty certification? Call now!
|Instant access to pass-guaranteed course for 12 months (See Agenda)|
|1500+ Addiction Medicine practice questions|
|36+ hours of high-yield lectures featuring board-focused faculty|
|Illustrated course study guide (PDF)|
|Earn up to 105.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™, including 24 ABPN®-Approved Self-Assessment Category 1 Credits|
|NEW! iOS & Android mobile app|
|CME Vault for claiming and storing your CME certificates|
|Online study group with other course participants|
|Triple Trust Guarantee – Pass or get a 110% refund|
Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on how to access your Amazon.com Gift Card will be delivered by email to the address used at registration within 5 business days from purchase
- No code or additional action is required on your part at the time of purchase
- One Amazon.com Gift Card per order
- Offer does not apply to previous purchases
- Once Amazon.com Gift Card is issued, it is non-refundable
- Cannot be combined with discount promo codes or other offers
Use Code TPM200
Start Prepping Now
|Sign Up Now|
AMA PRA Category 1
Group Discounts available - up to 50% OFF! Ready to buy now, but need more time to get a group together? No problem! Get 5 or more people together within 30 days of your purchase, and we’ll refund the difference. Call John or Lynne at for details. LEARN MORE
REFERRED BY A COLLEAGUE? If you were referred by someone who has taken a The Pass Machine course, enter their Ambassador Code at checkout. If you don't have their Ambassador Code, please call us with your colleague's name: 877-225-8384
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! Get free practice questions and a board-reflective lecture. FREE TRIAL
PLEASE NOTE: The ABAM® no longer offers Addiction Medicine Certification. Now the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM®) has taken the role of offering Addiction Medicine Certification. ABPM is accredited by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
THE GOOD NEWS: The ABPM is allowing a grace period through the year 2025 during which time physicians may take the Addiction Medicine Certification Exam without completing a fellowship. Practice eligibility requirements must be met.
Key Eligibility Requirements to Take the New Addiction Medicine Exam
Training or Experience Needed in Addiction Medicine: 2 Tracks Available
- Time in Practice Track
- A minimum of 1,920 hours engaged in practice of Addiction Medicine.
- Hours must occur over at least 24 of the previous 60 months prior to application and the 24 months need not be continuous.
- Practice must consist of broad-based professional activity with significant Addiction Medicine responsibility.
- Clinical care including the prevention and treatment of individuals at risk for substance use disorders (at least 25% of all hours spent)
- Teaching, research and administration (not more than 75% of hours spent)
- Time in Training track: From Non-ACGME-Accredited Fellowship
- Successful completion of at least 12 months of fellowship training by The Addiction Medicine Foundation (TAMF)
- Documentation of the training curriculum
- Description of applicant training experience
- If TAMF-accredited fellowship training is shorter than 12 months, this time in training may be applied to the “Time in Practice” track
- Successful completion of at least 12 months of fellowship training by The Addiction Medicine Foundation (TAMF)
- Current certification by an ABMS member board
- Medical degree or equivalent
- Medical licensure: current, unrestricted, and valid in the US or Canada
- Take exam through the Practice Pathway track – last application year 2025
Take the ABPM “Am I Eligible?” Guided Quiz
LASER-FOCUSED LECTURES: A comprehensive library of video lectures precisely aligns to the Addiction Medicine Certification exam blueprint, so you focus on all exam topics and keywords with no wasted effort.
BOARD-EXPERIENCED FACULTY: Board-certified faculty are experienced in teaching Addiction Medicine board exam preparation. Thus, every lecture is up to date, medically accurate, and entirely board-relevant.
ADDICTION MEDICINE STUDY GUIDE: The included PDF provides the complete course syllabus, hundreds of pages long. (Printed version also available at checkout.)
Board-Style Practice Questions
COMPREHENSIVE QUESTION BANK: 1500+ Addiction Medicine multiple-choice questions (MCQs) are included. Each question carefully follows the ABPM board exam content outline and format.
REALISTIC TEST ENVIRONMENT: Prepare by taking practice tests in a format that’s just like the actual exam.
THE “QBL” METHOD: “Question-Based Learning” ensures that your review is 100% relevant to the ABPM® Addiction Medicine exam. This proven method works by embedding multiple-choice questions into course lectures.
OPTIMIZED FOR LEARNING: Unlike other Q Banks, The Pass Machine Addiction Medicine practice questions include referenced explanations, so you learn the “how” and “why” behind every question.
PEER COLLABORATION: A study community welcomes you. Ask and answer colleague questions, form study groups, and track your progress.
Strength in numbers: Help and be helped, stay motivated, and get connected. All with The Pass Machine!
Anytime, Anywhere Access
ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Fit your Addiction Medicine board review around your busy schedule. Get 24/7 online access optimized for smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
MOBILE APP: Includes phone app for downloading lectures for viewing when out of Wi-Fi or cellular reach.
UNLIMITED REPEAT VIEWING: Watch lectures in any order, as many times as you need to, with unlimited access for 12 months.
CME CREDITS: Earn 105.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ – 60.5 credits, including 24 Self-Assessment Category 1 Credits, plus 45 credits from completing the included Q Bank multiple-choice questions. Your annual employer-provided educational funds may be used to cover the costs of this CME activity.
Remember, the American Board of Preventive Medicine tests you on the entire breadth of your specialty, beyond what’s practical in your day-to-day. Let our knowledgeable faculty guide you through a comprehensive review that covers exactly what the Addiction Medicine Exam Blueprint dictates.
Register and Study Within Minutes – No Hassles, Wasted Energy, or Delays!
“Here’s the challenge: this Addiction Medicine board review features 36+ hours of laser-focused lectures and 1500+ Q Bank questions, but all that great content means nothing if you don’t get through it in time for the exam. So, The Pass Machine makes your prep easy. For example:
- Listen to audio lectures on the app as you commute to and from work
- Answer a few MCQs on your lunch break
- Watch video lectures as you work-out on the stair climber or exercise bike
- Download lectures to your phone ahead of a flight or when out of wi-fi or cellular range
We’re dedicated to helping you pass your boards and that’s why we offer you a better-than-money-back pass guarantee. We don’t succeed unless you succeed.”
Yours in board exam success,
Jack Krasuski, MD, Executive Director
Read What Your Colleagues Are Saying About This Course
"API was excellent choice of board exam review. I took the April 2021 Osteopathic Addiction Medicine Board Exam and passed with slight margin. The videos were much better quality and slides easier to review than ASAM's board review videos. Thank you API for helping me to pass my board exam on first try."
Christine Kuo, DO, Roseville, CA
"I received my addiction medicine exam results from ABPM today and i just want to let you know that I passed. I want to thank you and the faculty. Without your program I wouldn't have been able to do. I actually learned more from the lectures, aside from preparation for the exam."
Michael Solomon, MD, Atlanta, GA
"Took exam in October 2020 through ABPM pathway. Still waiting for the results. Course very well organized with excellent questions. Still a good source of information as I am continuing seeing people in D&A clinic. I hope being better prepared especially for my patients!!!"
Diana Cozma, MD, Philadelphia, PA
“I just found out that I passed the American Board of Addiction Medicine exam, and feel that the American Physician Institute course can take the credit for this. Once again, it offered a concise, time-efficient way to study for the exam, and in the most palatable format possible! The test wasn’t too difficult after taking the course, and I feel I was overall well prepared.”
Heidi Klingbeil, MD, South Orange, NJ
"The API course was a very valuable time saving and organizing tool to review a large volume of material. In my case, I allotted less time then ideal to this review. Had I not had the API materials, I would not have been able to manage the volume. Very well organized course. I passed."
Daniela Samoil, MD, Lake Oswego, OR
"My review course provided by American Physician Institute (API) was instrumental in helping me mount a recovery after failing an earlier board certification exam attempt. I needed a to make up a major gap in my board preparation which required several months of study and the API course helped me gauge the width and depth of the project. Presenters were very knowledgeable. Scope of the presentations was perfect. This was the most comprehensive of the four courses I used and the most beneficial. Please keep up the great work and thank your staff for their boundless support."
Dan Stuckey, MD, Katy, TX
“The best courses out there for the board exams. Indispensable when prepping for the boards and/or keeping up with your knowledge base.”
Thomas Henry, MD, Aiea, HI
Foundations of Addiction
Review of Disorders by Drug Class
Special Populations & Topics
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the effects of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in both tolerant and non-tolerant individuals.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge the neurobiology of addiction and articulate its activity in terms useful in a clinical setting.
- Describe the process for diagnosing addiction and differentiating the symptoms of addiction from those of other medical or psychiatric disorders.
- Explain the various pharmacologic and psychosocial treatments for addictive disorders, and describe the factors that should be considered in selecting a treatment modality to match a particular patient's needs.
- Describe the precipitants of relapse and current evidence-based practices to prevent and manage relapse.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of Peerpoint Medical Education Institute and American Physician Institute for Advanced Professional Studies, LLC. Peerpoint Medical Education Institute is accredited by the ACCME to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed the Addiction Medicine Certification Review and has approved this program as a part of a comprehensive Self-Assessment Program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of Maintenance of Certification.
Online Course v3.1, Release Date July 21, 2019, Termination Date July 21, 2022:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 60.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Of these 60.5 credits: 24 also qualify as ABPN Self Assessment credits.
Exam Builder, Release Date June 8, 2021, Termination Date June 7, 2024:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 45 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses & Nurse Practitioners: For all your CE requirements for recertification, the ANCC will accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Physician Assistants: The NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
The Pass Machine Addiction Medicine Board Review – Frequently Asked Questions
General Questions about The Pass Machine and American Physician Institute
Is The Pass Machine different from other board reviews?
Yes, in three main ways:
1. The Pass Machine board review is the most comprehensive option. More than just a Question Bank of practice questions, each course includes in-depth lectures in a familiar classroom setting presented by expert faculty. This means you get a topic-by-topic review of exactly what’s on the board exam in much greater detail than what you can get from Qbank answer explanations.
2. Because the physician’s schedule is typically a hectic one, The Pass Machine is optimized for on-the-go review. Components such as the audio-only lecture option, iOS and Andriod app for mobile review, and offline access capability, and a fully-illustrated board-mapped study guide make The Pass Machine review easy to incorporate at any point your daily routine.
3. The Triple Trust Guarantee not only gives you a full tuition refund if you don’t pass the exam the first time after taking the course, but it also gives you an extra 10% AND allows you continued access until you pass, for free. This unprecedented guarantee serves to assure you of the confidence we have that The Pass Machine content is exceptional.
Who produces The Pass Machine Courses? Where do you get your faculty?
The Pass Machine board review courses are produced by American Physician Institute for Advanced Professional Studies, LLC (API). API conducts dozens of courses and trains thousands of physicians each year to pass their boards and stay up-to-date in their fields. Every single one of American Physician Institute‘s educational courses has full editorial independence, is free of pharmaceutical and industry sponsorship and is backed by an unbeatable guarantee. Because of its reputation for excellence, American Physician Institute is able to enlist many of the top faculty from the best universities, teaching hospitals and research facilities in the country to provide you with Category 1 CME educational activities.
Do you provide board review for other medical specialties?
Yes! In fact, we provide preparation for dozens of other specialty and subspecialty board exams. Check out www.AmericanPhysician.com for the full list.
Is it likely that my employer will cover my tuition?
Because all The Pass Machine courses are approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, it is likely that your tuition will be reimbursed. You may be surprised at how many residency and fellowship training programs, group practices, and other employers pay for or reimburse you for such Category 1 educational activities. After all, it’s in everyone’s best interests to have you board certified. It really pays to ask your training director, medical director or administrator if you are eligible because some training programs and employers do pay for board exam training. And, if you work for the Federal Government, American Physician Institute is a certified business in the CCR database and can accept government checks and credit cards.
Does The Pass Machine offer any free board review resources?
Yes! Start with our Medical Board Review Blog. There are general articles featuring board prep tips, and articles on board prep that are more board-specific.
What is your DUNS Number?
American Physician Institute’s DUNS Number is: 016073724
Can I get a discount off course tuition?
Yes! American Physician Institute offers several board review course discounts:
- Group Discounts
- Multi-purchase discounts
- Referral earnings & discounts through our Ambassador Club
- The Residency & Fellowship Program Edition tailored for training programs.
Please call 877-225-8384 for more information, or visit the “Save & Earn” pages under the top menu.
What do I get when I register for the Addiction Medicine review course?
Course enrollment grants you access to your personalized online dashboard, which includes:
- 36+ hours Recorded Video Lectures
- 36+ hours of mp3 audio versions of lectures
- PDF of Illustrated Study Guide (option for printed edition)
- 1500+ Practice Questions Bank
- Earn up to 105.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™
- Includes 24 ABPN ® -Approved Self-Assessment Category 1 Credits
- CME Vault for claiming and storing your CME certificates
- Triple Trust Guarantee
Board Exam Results and The Triple Trust Guarantee
Is The Pass Machine Addiction Medicine review pass-guaranteed?
Yes, all full courses are pass-guaranteed, and backed by The Triple Trust Guarantee. At any time, you can view The Triple Trust Guarantee Terms & Conditions.
What does The Triple Trust Guarantee cover?
If you purchase an online course with “The Triple Trust Guarantee” and then do not pass your board exam, API will issue a 100% refund of your paid tuition *, plus an additional 10% payment. You’ll also continue to get online course access until you pass the exam, tuition-free. The guarantee expires in the event the exam for which this course is designed is no longer offered by the certifying board.
* Tuition is defined as the amount you paid for your base course, and does not include optional course add-ons, such as purchase of online access extensions, and/or the live course attendance option (where available). If any promotional items, such as gift cards, are included with your purchase, the value of that promotional item will be deducted from your tuition.
The Triple Trust Guarantee sounds too good to be true—is it for real?
Yes, it’s completely real. Rest assured, API has always honored its guarantees and always will. No other company does? The Triple Trust Guarantee is API’s way of demonstrating that it’s just as invested in your success as you are. After all, if you fail your board exam, API will pay a penalty. API will refund your course tuition in full, provide you with a bonus, and allow you continued access to the course tuition-free until you pass your exam for as long as the exam is offered by the certifying board. The guarantee ensures API doesn’t get paid for effort, only for passing results.
Does The Triple Trust Guarantee cover non-tuition course options and upgrades?
No. Course options and upgrades are non-tuition related. Therefore, these fees are not included in any guarantee-related refund payment made under the terms of The Triple Trust Guarantee.
What should I do if I don’t pass my board exam?
First, it’s important to remember that a non-passing result is not necessarily a reflection on your abilities as a physician. The way the ABPM tests you is not the same as the many ways you’re “tested” as a practicing physician. Check out this reassuring video from Dr. Jack - What To Do If You Fail Your Board Exam https://www.thepassmachine.com/video-what-to-do-fail-your-board-exam/
More to the point, American Physician Institute can work with you to help you get over this professional hurdle. Give us a call!
I didn’t pass my board exam. How do I activate my course guarantee?
To activate your guarantee, you must notify American Physician of your failure to pass your board exam and submit a copy of your exam notification and scores. To be eligible for the refund portion of the guarantee you must submit your documents within 45 days of the date of your exam fail notification. To notify American Physician and submit your documents, go to your course dashboard and click on the "Guarantee" tab. Complete the form and attach your exam notification and scores. You will receive an email confirmation of receipt and someone will contact you shortly. If you need assistance with this process or your course access is expired, please contact Customer Care at 877-225-8384
Addiction Medicine Course Access
When do I receive online access to Addiction Medicine review course materials?
When a credit card or debit is used for payment, access is immediate. When a check is used as payment, access will be granted once the check has been received and verified.
How long do I have access to my online materials? Does my course expire?
The Addiction Medicine prep course and all its associated online material remains active for a full 12 months from your date of purchase when you register now.
What if I'm not ready to take my exam? Can I extend my course?
Some physicians invest in a board-preparation course many years prior to their exam. In these cases, The Pass Machine allows course registrants to extend the life of their course by 12 months for an additional fee. If you wish to extend your access, please call 877-225-8384 prior to your course expiration date. NOTE: Extension options are not available to Group registrations.
What are your system requirements?
Our products only require Internet access and a web browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari. Use of Internet Explorer is NOT recommended.). All content is compatible with current Mac and PC operating systems.
CME Credits & Board Info
How do I get my CME credits?
Online Courses – From your course dashboard, click on the Claim CME tab. You will see your CME test(s) and/or SA test here. Complete the test, and once you have passed with 50% or better, your CME certificate will be issued immediately and placed in your CME Vault. SA tests are not a graded activity. Your certificate is issued based on completing the activity. Live Courses - From your course dashboard, click on the Claim CME tab. You will see your CME test, CME survey, or SA test here. Complete the test, and once you have passed with 50% or better, your CME certificate will be issued immediately and placed in your CME Vault. SA tests and CME surveys are not a graded activity. Your certificate is issued based on completing these activities.
How do I access my earned CME credits?
The Addiction Medicine board review includes access to CME(TM)Vault for convenient storing and retrieval of CME-related documents. Access this area from the CMEVault tab in your course dashboard.
Where can I find information about taking my specialty's board exam?
For information about Addiction Medicine Board Exam, please visit The American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM): www.TheABPM.org
Use Code TPM200
Start Prepping Now
|Sign Up Now|