Last updated on June 7th, 2023
It’s easy to get derailed and have your board exam study session go into a tailspin. When you are not having fun, every diversion can turn into a time trap. One thing you can do is invest your passion into learning new material or being totally up to date on your areas of interest. Here are five more hacks you can use to keep your board exam studying in the “power zone.”
Paradoxically, the best study plans involve time away from study. That’s because things that keep you fresh make your studying much more effective. It’s better to study five hours intensely focused rather than ten hours half asleep. Here are five more hacks you can use to keep your studying in the power zone:
- Mind-body work such as T’ai Chi or yoga. We often tell our patients to do these things, but how many times do we really take the effort to incorporate them into our lives. A great body of evidence shows they are helpful for well-being, mood, and stress management. Explore what fits for you and find a way to make it part of your life.
- Balance exercises-surprisingly, things that activate the cerebellum help with memory incorporation. Many pathways that previously were motor-focused have been rewired for higher cognitive function. By doing balance exercises, we bring the cerebellum online and increase working memory.
- Explore nature- this is another one of those things we tell our patients to do. Spending time in nature can help rebalance our body rhythms and cycles. When we are synchronized with our surroundings, our sleep, our body clocks, and our brain functions improve toward their optimal performance levels.
- White space- blocking out some time that you protect from phone calls, from computer work, from everything can actually give you clarity of mind. It gives you room to breathe. When we feel like there is space in your life, you are able to concentrate and achieve more.
- Eat mindfully, preferably with family or friends -taking the time to eat slowly rather than just stuffing some food down for calories is another priority that can help you to be centered. It can give you that support for the sustained efforts needed to accomplish large tasks like studying for your board exams.
Try working one or more of these into your study schedule. Plan ahead and block the time for them. You may feel like you are wasting time that could be used for board exam studying . In reality, you are amping up your functional capacity to succeed.
All of your Board Exam prep needs can be fulfilled by The Pass Machine!